Visa links with Vietnam’s Base to sponsor Base SaaS Day 2023


Visa partners with Base to sponsor top Vietnamese technology and business gathering.


Visa, a world leader in digital payments, has become a strategic partner and sponsor of Base SaaS Day 2023, organised and hosted by Base, a leading Vietnamese business management platform. The event is one of Vietnam’s largest annual technology and business events and attracts more than 1,000 top executives to discuss the latest technology and management trends.

Base SaaS Day began in 2018 and this year’s events took place in Hanoi on 16 November, and in Ho Chi Minh on 24 November. The theme of Base SaaS Day 2023 was “Unlock New Power – From doing things right to doing right things”. The event featured keynote addresses by Mr. Vu Anh Tu, Chief Technology Officer at FPT Group, Mr. Nguyen Thuong Tuong Minh, Chief Executive Officer of Base, and other top Base executives.

“We are thrilled to be partnering with Base and contributing to this key technology and management event in Vietnam,” said Ms. Dung Dang, Visa Country Manager for Vietnam and Laos. “Small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) have a strong need for digital payment solutions and an affinity for relationship-based banking. It is important to remember that travel, entertainment and indirect B2B spending typically forms only 40% of overall SMB expenses, leaving a huge untapped opportunity to capture the other 60% of overall company expenditure on cards. With Visa Business cards and payment solutions, small businesses can now pay non-card accepting suppliers and improve cash flow.”

As a strategic partner and sponsor, Visa presented its in-depth insights about Vietnam’s business environment at Base SaaS Day 2023, particularly those pertaining to SMBs. Many SMBs use personal credit cards for tracking their expenditure and perceived accounting efficiency, and cash is the second most used payment method after bank transfers for making and receiving payments.

“We welcome Visa, the global expert in payment solutions, to join us as our strategic partner at our special event,” said Mr. Nguyen Thuong Tuong Minh, CEO of Base. “The collaboration with Visa embrace opportunities to exchanging ideas and experiences with the best minds in technology and business in Vietnam, further facilitating SMEs develop breakthroughs. Base has provided solutions to multiple critical business problems, including work management, info management, human resources management and finance management. Needless to say, payment plays a pivotal role in finance, while Visa is one of the global leaders in digital payment. We truly hope that our partnership will bring the world-class products & services to all Base‘s customers.”

Visa will also tap its deep data-driven understanding of SMBs in Vietnam to address some of the top challenges faced by SMBs, including increased competition, managing cashflow, complex compliance and regulations, inefficient operations and difficulties monitoring performance and planning for the future. To thrive, SMBs seek quick access to working capital, easy and seamless ways to make and receive payment, support to manage their finances, and rewards for loyalty and spending.

Visa Business card programs empower SMBs to separate business and personal expenses, provide access to short-term working capital to manage cashflow, track business spending with full visibility at all times, make cost reconciliation easier and quicker, and issue virtual cards to employees with payment control for better cost control, while enjoying rewards, cashback and other benefits from Visa commercial offers to enjoy savings.



About Visa

Visa (NYSE: V) is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions, and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable, and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. We believe economies that include everyone uplifts everyone everywhere and see access as foundational to the future of money movement. Learn more at